The second and final trailer for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story has arrived.
A few observations:
- Mads Mikkelsen's role is much bigger than we previously anticipated.
- As is Forest Whitaker's hair.
- Jyn is likely imprisoned on Eadu, a new planet (likely cold in nature).
- Scarif appears to be the sandy Asian-Pacific looking planet that appears on the posters.
- Vader will have some interactions with key characters.
- The tone doesn't seem to be as dour as the previous trailer. It's possible reshoots truly changed the vibe, but it's still a grittier Star Wars than I think we've seen yet.
Note that the new onesheet for Rogue One isn't far off from Phil Noto's concept back in April. Then again, how many ways can you go about a Star Wars poster?
Rogue One opens in theaters December 16.